Caring for our Environment
Living Green is Maldron Hotels & Partners environmental movement which inspires care for our environment as a “Way of Life” throughout our hotels; both for our people and our guests.
At Maldron Hotel Belfast International Airport we care deeply for the future of our environment. We have made some changes already and we are committed to continuously introduce more changes in the hotel going forward. We know you will notice these changes each and every time you visit, all our staff will be fully trained in our environmental policies.
Below are a few of the steps we have taken to make a difference:
- Sensor lighting is in place in all back of house areas, meetings & events areas, and low traffic areas within the hotel.
- New external hotel roof and insulation recently replaced to reduce heat loss and energy consumption.
- Plastic water bottles in our Executive bedrooms have been replaced with glass bottles.
- Bedroom guests are encouraged to re-use linen.
- Reduced all single-use plastics in our guest bedrooms and bathrooms.
- We recycle as many items as possible – all cardboard, glass, paper, food and aluminium cans are organised in individual recycle bins for collection.
Red Bean Roastery
- Our Red Bean Roastery “keep cups” have been in place for a few years to reduce the number of disposable cups offered.
- Our takeaway coffee cups and lids are all recyclable.
Utilities, water, and electricity are monitored on a weekly and monthly basis. We are continuously working through the replacement of all lightbulbs throughout our hotel. Old lightbulbs are being replaced with low energy LEDs.
Living Green - The Future
Maldron Hotels & Partners are committed to continuing our efforts to reduce our environmental impact. If you would like to know more about our environmental movement, please click here.